This is an ad campaign for new and potential immigrants to Salisbury Rhodesia from the Boar of Tourism. Find out the history and how this wonderful city represented itself to the world in 1976! R A R E
01. Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn - As Soon As I Hang Up The Phone 02. Abba - I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do 03. Heintje Simons - Jou hart is weer myne 04. Black Lace - Y Viva España 05. Bay City Rollers - Bye Bye Baby 06. Guy's & Dolls - There's A Whole Lot Of Loving 07. Bobby Vinton - Don't You Know 08. Della Reese - Don't You Know 09. Freddy Fender - Before The Next Teardrop Falls 10. Sweet - Fox On The Run 11. Sam Neely - You Can Have Her 12. George Baker - Sing A Song Of Love 13. Steve Harley - Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me) 14. Paul Williams - One More Angel
01. KC & The Sunshine Band - (Shake Shake Shake) Shake Your Booty 02. Frankie Miller - Darlin 03. Bruce Millar - When I'm Dead and Gone 04. John Travolta - Greased Lightning 05. Michael Eager - Rock me to Sleep 06. Abba - Fernando 07. Devil Woman - Cliff Richard 08. Boney M. - Mary's Boy Child, Oh My Lord 09. Dobie Gray - You Can Do It 10. Barry White-Just The Way You Are 11. Tommy Dell - Don't worry about me 12. Cornelia - Too late to say goodbye 13. George Jones & Tammy Wynette Golden Ring 14. Ian & Dix - Sonder Jou
01. John Lennon - Stand By Me 02. Sonja Herholdt - Ek verlang na jou 03. Fox - Only You Can 04. Buttercup - Baby Love Affair 05. Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Hey You. 06. Millie Jackson - It Hurts So Good 07. Jody Wayne - Pictures of Patches 08. Copperfield - Rock 'n' Roll Singer 09. George Baker Selection - Paloma Blanca 10. Jonathan Butler - Please Stay 11. The Look In Your Eye - Johnny Nash 12. Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together 13. Bimbo Jet - El Bimbo 14. Caroline du Preez - Net Soos ek die Telefoon Neersit
01. ABBA - Hasta Mañana 02. Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Baby 03. I Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton 04. Stephanie De Sykes - Born With a Smile On My Face 05. Olivia Newton-John - I Honestly Love You 06. After All Help Me My Love 07. Neil Herbert - She's a woman 08. Neil Diamond - Longfellow Serenade 09. Wings - Juniors Farm 10. George Baker Selection - Morning Sky 11. KC And The Sunshine Band - Queen Of Clubs 12. Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff 13. George Baker Selection - We'll Make It Right Someday
01. The Drifters - Kissin In The Back Row Of The Movies 02. Rock Me Gently - Andy Kim 03. Jack Jersey - Don't Break this Heart 04. Try A Little Love - Oscar Harris and the Twinkle Stars 06. Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me, Let Me Know 07. Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas Full HD 08. When Will I See You Again - The Three Degrees 09. Marvin Gaye - Lets get it on 10. The Walkers - Jack of Diamonds 11. Big John's Rock 'n Roll Circus - Rockin' in the USA 12. Rub It In - Billy Crash Craddock 13. Ipi Tombi - Mama Tembu's Wedding 14. Please Don't Stop Loving Me by Dolly Parton & Porter Wagoner 15. Unknown - A Wonder
During the late 1970s, as the Rhodesian Bush War reaches its height, arms dealer David Swansey (Richard Harris) is a "sanctions busting" specialist, one of many who keeps the Rhodesian Security Forces supplied through black market purchases despite an extensive international arms embargo. Swansey's latest assignment is to arrange the illicit purchase of military helicopters, which he acquires in the form of surplus Bell UH-1s being auctioned from a United States Air Force base in West Germany. However, word of this transaction is soon leaked to a foreign office of the Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), which applies strong political pressure in an attempt to kill the deal in its cradle. Due to this, the helicopters are barred from reaching Rhodesia and instead diverted to neighbouring South West Africa.
1. Dan Hill - Tchip tchip 2. Lena Zavaroni - Ma He's Making Eyes at Me 3. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown 4. TSOP - MFSB 5. Peter Vee - Baby, Baby Answer Me 6 . Hot Chocolate - Emma 7. Mungo Jerry - Long Legged Woman Dressed in Black 8. Band on the Run - Wings 9. Lee Reed - Shlick Shlack Boom 10. Jody Wayne - Heartbeat 11. Abba - Waterloo 12. Gwynneth Ashley - Little Soldier Blue 13. George Baker - Over And Over 14. Studio Group - On A Night Like This
01. Kris Kristofferson - Why me Lord 02. Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat 03. Paperlace - The Night Chicago Died 04. Badfinger - Apple Of My Eye 05. The Dooleys - A Rose Has To Die 06. Geli & Billy - Hazy Hazy (Crazy Crazy) 07. Tommy Oliver - Just an Everlovin' Woman 08. The Rubettes - Sugar Baby Love 09. Wings - Let Me Roll It 10. Tammy Wynette - Joey
I have a TON of music recorded on to Cassette Tapes from the 1970s in Rhodeisa. I just learned how to use Windows moviemaker. I'll upload one or two everyday. Pop them in your MP3 player and put them in your car and listen. You'll be transported back to the 1970s in Rhodesia and here what people did in thier cars when they were driving around 40+ years ago. Love ya' fam
In Rhodesia, the handover to black rule is some five months away, but the country seems ill prepared for a peaceful transition. The recent massacres of missionaries have shocked blacks and whites alike, and emptied schools out in the countryside, where they are most needed. In the towns some racial barriers have fallen, but racial legislation remains on the statute books and if Premier Ian Smith's internal settlement is to carry conviction with the black majority, bigger steps towards racial equality will have to be taken, and soon. This report backgrounds the race issue. It also looks at the massacre and at two churchmen who are staying put: one is a defenseless Catholic priest, the other a pistol-packing preacher from Dallas, Texas, who's turned his mission into a fortress, complete with guard dogs trained to attack blacks only.
Beyond the Darkness (1979) Buio Omega (original title) Unrated | 1h 34min | Horror | 1 June 1984 (USA) Director: Joe D'Amato Writers: Ottavio Fabbri (screenplay), Giacomo Guerrini (story) Stars: Kieran Canter, Cinzia Monreale, Franca Stoppi
A young rich orphan loses his fiancée to voodoo doll mischief on the part of his housekeeper who is jealous of his attentions. He digs his girlfriend up, cleans her out, stuffs her, and puts her in bed at the mansion. Following this, he tries out and disposes of a series of young maidens, trying to find the right replacement for her, and the disapproving housekeeper helps him with the disposals. Written by Ed Sutton <[email protected]>
The Omen (1976) R | 1h 51min | Horror | 25 June 1976 (USA) Director: Richard Donner Writer: David Seltzer Stars: Gregory Peck, Lee Remick, Harvey Stephens
Robert and Katherine Thorn seem to have it all. They are happily married and he is the US Ambassador to Great Britain, but they want nothing more than to have children. When Katharine has a stillborn child, Robert is approached by a priest at the hospital who suggests that they take a healthy newborn whose mother has just died in childbirth. Without telling his wife he agrees. After relocating to London, strange events - and the ominous warnings of a priest - lead him to believe that the child he took from that Italian hospital is evil incarnate. Written by garykmcd
Dark Star (1974) G | 1h 23min | Comedy , Sci-Fi | 9 February 1974 Director: John Carpenter Writers: John Carpenter (original story and screenplay), Dan O'Bannon (original story and screenplay) Stars: Dan O'Bannon, Dre Pahich, Brian Narelle
Low-budget story of four astronauts in deep space, whose mission is to destroy unstable planets in star systems which are to be colonised. The late Commander Powell is stored in deep freeze, where he is still able to offer advice. As their mission nears completion, they must cope with a runaway alien which resembles a beach-ball, faulty computer systems, and a "smart bomb" who thinks it is God. Written by Alexander Lum <[email protected]>
Voyage of Discovery 1h | Sci-Fi | Episode aired 22 September 1973
Condemned to be stoned to death for heresy (daring to question the Elders), Devon escapes Cypress Corners with his love Rachel. Her betrothed, Garth, follows to bring her back. They find they're on the Earthship Ark, headed for destruction. Written by Joules Taylor --- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0709390/?ref_=ttep_ep1 ---
THX 1138 (1971) R | 1h 26min | Drama , Sci-Fi , Thriller | 11 March 1971 (USA) Director: George Lucas Writers: George Lucas (story by), George Lucas (screenplay by) | 1 more credit » Stars: Robert Duvall, Donald Pleasence, Don Pedro Colley
It's sometime in the future in a state controlled society, where conformity and homogeneity are the rule. What is also the rule is that the populace follows the wants of the faceless state without question. How this is achieved is through a mandatory drug regimen, which also suppresses human desire, with sexual intercourse and human relationships banned. The law of the state is policed by a force of robocops. The physical environment is totally within a manufactured enclosure, what being outside of this unknown. THX 1138 is a loyal subject, he who goes about his business as a skilled factory working building robocops. And even when he begins to have strange feelings, he does what is obliged by going to the state run confessional, which further brainwashes through its reinforced mantra of happiness, loyalty and understanding. THX 1138 is given a glimpse into the other side through his computer matched and thus appointed female roommate, LUH 3417, and her surveillance colleague SEN 5241... Written by Huggo
Grand Theft Auto (1977) PG | 1h 24min | Action , Comedy , Crime | 16 June 1977 (USA) Director: Ron Howard Writers: Rance Howard, Ron Howard Stars: Ron Howard, Nancy Morgan, Elizabeth Rogers
Paula Powers, daughter of wealthy gubernatorial candidate Bigby Powers, decides to reject her parents' attempt at matchmaking and run off to Vegas to marry her sweetheart, Sam Freeman. As they drive away in a stolen Rolls-Royce, spurned suitor Collins Hedgeworth follows behind in hot pursuit, along with a cadre of goons hoping to get the $25,000 reward that's been offered for Paula's return. Can the young lovers make it to Vegas for a quickie wedding before the forces of conformity and privilege arrive to put a stop to their romance? Written by Jean-Marc Rocher <[email protected]> --- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076100/?ref_=nv_sr_6 --- This post is for historical and research purposes only. Please support creators and distributors of this content by buying their products and services.
Phase IV (1974) PG | 1h 24min | Horror , Sci-Fi , Thriller | September 1974 (USA) Director: Saul Bass Writer: Mayo Simon Stars: Nigel Davenport, Michael Murphy, Lynne Frederick
Desert ants suddenly form a collective intelligence and begin to wage war on the desert inhabitants. It is up to two scientists and a stray girl they rescue from the ants to destroy them. But the ants have other ideas. Written by Niz
Burnt Offerings (1976) PG | 1h 56min | Horror, Mystery, Thriller | 18 October 1976 (USA) by feeding off of the life forces of its injured occupants. Director: Dan Curtis Writers: Robert Marasco (novel), William F. Nolan (screenplay) Stars: Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Burgess Meredith
Ben and Marian Rolf rent a grand old country mansion as a summer getaway for themselves, their twelve year old son Davey, and Ben's Aunt Elizabeth. They feel they can't turn down the rent deal offered to them by the house's owners, siblings Roz and Arnold Allardyce, despite some reservations. First amongst those reservations, they are to take care of the house on their own, which Ben feels is too big a job, especially for Marian and the interior housekeeping. In Marian's words, the large size of the house is a "waste". And second and perhaps more important amongst those reservations, the Allardyces' aged mother will be staying in her room at the house, the Rolfs who are to provide a tray of food left outside her room three times a day, which Marian vows to take care of on her own, with no other members of the family to go into that isolated wing of the house so as not to disturb Mrs. Allardyce's peace. Upon their arrival at the house for the first day of their stay, they find a note ... Written by Huggo
Slaughterhouse-Five (1972) R | 1h 44min | Comedy , Drama , Sci-Fi | 15 March 1972 (USA) Director: George Roy Hill Writers: Kurt Vonnegut Jr. (novel), Stephen Geller (screenplay) Stars: Michael Sacks, Ron Leibman, Eugene Roche
Using his own terminology, Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time", which means he is moving between different points in his life uncontrollably, although he is aware of it at certain of those points as witnessed by the letter to the editor he writes to the Ilium Daily News about his situation. Primarily, he is moving between three general time periods and locations. The first is his stint as a GI during WWII, when, as a pacifist, he was acting as a Chaplain's assistant for his unit. This time is largely as a POW, where he was in Dresden the day of the bombing, spending it with among others an older compassionate GI named Edgar Derby, and a brash loudmouth GI named Paul Lazzaro. The second is his life as an optometrist in Ilium in upstate New York, eventually married to the wealthy and overbearing Valencia Merble, and having two offspring, Robert, who would spend his teen-aged years as a semi-delinquent, and Barbara, who would end up much like her mother. And the third is as an abductee on... Written by Huggo
Halloween (1978) R | 1h 31min | Horror, Thriller | 27 October 1978 (USA) Director: John Carpenter Writers: John Carpenter (screenplay), Debra Hill Stars: Donald Pleasence, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tony Moran
The year is 1963, the night: Halloween. Police are called to 43 Lampkin Ln. only to discover that 15 year old Judith Myers has been stabbed to death, by her 6 year-old brother, Michael. After being institutionalized for 15 years, Myers breaks out on the night before Halloween. No one knows, nor wants to find out, what will happen on October 31st 1978 besides Myers' psychiatrist, Dr. Loomis. He knows Michael is coming back to Haddonfield, but by the time the town realizes it, it'll be too late for many people.
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) Unrated | 1h 14min | Horror | TV Movie 10 October 1973 Director: John Newland Writer: Nigel McKeand Stars: Kim Darby, Jim Hutton, Barbara Anderson
A neurotic housewife named Sally and her business exec husband move into Sally's family house, a spooky two story Victorian mansion. When Sally starts the redecorating along with her pompous decorator she comes across a locked room in the house. After arguing with the handyman who insists she should leave the room locked, she finally gets the key. But once she opens her father's old study and has the bricks from the fireplace removed, strange things begin to happen. Sally begins to see small creatures everywhere, but no one will believe her. Her husband dismisses her as neurotic and her friend thinks Sally may be losing her mind. But things take a deadly serious turn when the decorator trips at the top of the stairs and falls to his death. Sally sees a rope lying across the place where he tripped, but when she picks it up to take it, a horrifying little creature pulls it from her grasp. Is she crazy? Or has Sally released demons in the house, demons her father summoned? Written by Philip Berry <[email protected]>
Horror High (1973) PG | 1h 25min | Horror | March 1974 (USA) Director: Larry N. Stouffer Writer: J.D. Feigelson (as Jake Fowler) Stars: Pat Cardi, Austin Stoker, Rosie Holotik
A nerdy high school super whiz experiments with a chemical which will transform his guinea pig "Mr. Mumps" from a gentle pet into a ravenous monster. In a fit of rage against his tormentors at the high school, Vernon Potts (Pat Cardi) goes on a killing spree, eliminating all of those who ever picked on him - the Gym Coach, the School Jock, The Creepy Janitor (Mr. Griggs) & his hated teacher, Ms. Grindstaff. In the end he gets the jock's girlfriend for himself but his happiness is short-lived as the potion turns him into a monster hunted by the towns lame police Lieutenant - Bosman. Written by Bryan Zinn <[email protected]>
NOTE This video is for research, education, and historical purpose only. If you like the video, you may purchase it using the link above. It is not our intention to neither promote not distribute any copyright material.
Trilogy of Terror (1975) Unrated | 1h 12min | Horror, Thriller | TV Movie 4 March 1975 Director: Dan Curtis Writers: William F. Nolan (teleplay), Richard Matheson (story) | 4 more credits » Stars: Karen Black, Robert Burton, John Karlen
Three stories interwoven together. The first, about a college student infatuated with his teacher. The second, a paranoid tale of two sisters - one good, the other evil, and the third about an African tribal doll that comes to life and terrorizes a woman in her apartment. Written by Humberto Amador