If you wish to action:
Object being modified by the action
Then please send an email request to [email protected].
In this video is how I made my own burn out kiln for wax loss casting and other projects.
The design could not be any easier to do, a simple outer body made from 1.00mm thick galvanized sheet and a spiral former positioned in the very centre of the unit.
The former is made poly foam packing, recycled and cut to form a 20.00mm square which is then super glued to the inner cylinder or former, the spiral has 1 inch spacings to accomodate the Kanthal coil, the coil was formed by wrapping it around an 11.00mm rod in the woodwork lathe then evenly stretched out to fully accomodate the entire groove left in the main body after casting, the former is completely removed leaving a nicely formed channel as show in the video.
The electronic parts used are,
I used Victas refractory cement but any good refractory cement would suffice, like the one in the link below.
I will postt part 2 when I have everything wired up and running, I will include a schematic also,
Part 2 coming soon.
I got this kiln for free like a year ago and still haven't used it. But i will sooner or later. It has temperature control but just number 1 threw 5 on the dial. No degrees are shown. It gets hot quick though. Maybe do some calcinations. Melt metals. Also need it to anneal lab glass and other glass things i am trying to make with an propane/oxy torch and a methane/oxy torch. Hopefully i will get the torch this winter. I been saying that for 3 winters now though ...so.....
Coming soon ...