Today, we have 2 lbs of fresh Mulroy Bay rope cultured organic mussels we picked up at Family Foods (Carrigart).
That gives us the opportunity to prepare some delicious French "moules marinières" : mussels and their white wine sauce.
Usually, we would use shallots, but as we didn't have any, we used garlic instead - which is honestly as good.
Recipe (for 3)
- 1 Kilo (2 pounds)
- 1 cup dry white cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons Butter (50 grams)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A large Pot
- Wash the mussels in cold water, check for broken or open shells and discard, clean and remove beards (if needed).
- Chop vegetables
- Add butter to pot and allow to melt
- Add vegetable to butter cook lightly
- Add Mussels to pot and stir
- Add wine and cover the pot for 6 minutes
- Give it a stir at 3 minutes
- Open the pot at 6 mins, add salt and pepper to taste
- Optional - To make is really French (according to Maitre Paul Bocuse), before serving add 1/2 cup whole cream.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce!
These organic mussels are available at Family Foods, Carrigart, Co. Donegal.
Consider watching "Cooking With Benoit" on Odysee : https://odysee.com/@cookingwithbenoit:3
Visit our Travel J'adore website to check on our short term rentals in France, Ireland, New Zealand and America : https://www.traveljadore.com/home
Visit our "made in Ireland" online shopping website :
Please consider helping the channel grow with :
- #Monero (XMR)
- #Bitcoin (BTC)
Many thanks for your interest.