BitChute's objective is to provide content creators with a platform that they can use to showcase and earn money from their content. This policy provides details of the currently available approaches to monetization for content creators.
Advertising is invite only at this time. Once available, advertising can be used as a source of monetization for creators.
Creators will be able to source and create their own adverts, which will appear alongside their content on the BitChute platform.
As available advertising space is limited, adverts sourced by creators will be mixed with those sourced by the BitChute team. Creators will be able to select the split that suits them from the following options:
- I Want It All - Only adverts sourced by the creator will be displayed alongside the content.
- Fair Share - A 50/50 split between creator and BitChute sourced adverts will be displayed alongside the content.
- Supporter - Only adverts sourced by the BitChute team will be displayed alongside the content.
All adverts must comply with the following guidelines:
- Adverts must comply with the advertising standards of all the countries they are made available in.
- Adverts must promote a specific product, piece of content, person, organisation or other entity.
- Adverts must not contain or promote crime, violence, terrorism or any inhumane acts.
- Adverts must not contain or promote nudity or depict any form of sexualized act.
- Adverts must not contain or promote illegal products, content, organisations or entities.
Advertising is not available on the following:
- Content that is Not Safe For Work (NSFW).
- Content that is Not Safe For Life (NSFL).
- Content that is deemed inappropriate for advertising by the BitChute team.
- Channels containing significant volumes of the above content.
BitChute reserves the right to deny or withdraw access to this advertising functionality from a creator and their channels, at any time and without prior notice.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on the Settings page.
Note: Monetization through advertising is currently being trialled and as such this policy is subject to change.
Tips & Pledges
Rather than forcing creators to collect their tips and pledges solely through the BitChute platform, we are instead taking the approach of providing the facilities required for creators to link their content to the payment processors of their choice.
To this end we are providing integration for creators to a selection of industry leading and alternative payment processing providers. The following is a list of the providers that can be integrated with BitChute:
- PayChute - Creators can link their PayChute account so that they can receive tips and monthly pledges via PayChute. COMING SOON
- SubscribeStar - Creators can link their SubscribeStar account so that they can receive tips and monthly pledges via SubscribeStar.
- CoinPayments - Creators can link their CoinPayments account so that they can receive cryptocurrency tips via CoinPayments.
- Patreon - Creators can link their Patreon account so that they can receive monthly pledges via Patreon.
- PayPal - Creators can link their PayPal account so that they can receive tips and monthly pledges via PayPal.
Creators can enable tips and pledge monetization by following the instructions on their Monetization page.
Have a suggestion for a payment provider to add to the list above? Then please contact us at [email protected].
IMPORTANT: Creators are responsible for managing their own relationships with each third party payment processing provider.
If you have any questions about this Monetization Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
This document was last updated on November 19th, 2019.