Right Wing Environmentalism - Storm King Edition (Myth20c - Ep114)
Richard Nixon once remarked that environmental concerns were a bipartisan issue because a poisoned river doesn’t care what party you’re in. The two main political parties in the United States, however, have assumed a position in practice very akin to bipartisanship. But instead of cooperating in the effort to conserve natural resources, they have leaned towards a policy of capture by major corporations and placating the desires of consumer culture. While differing in rhetoric, their actions speak to little practical difference. On an individual and societal level, addressing the limits to our planet’s finite resources requires a level of commitment that history shows rarely comes without coercion or collapse. The incentives to abuse the commons are just too strong. As such, the likely outcome will be a further degradation in the environment before things can get better. Tonight Storm King joins us to discuss things you can do for yourself and your family to get out ahead of civilization’s tendency for collective destruction.
-- Brought to you by --
Very special guest Storm King
with Adam Smith, Nick Mason and Hans Lander
~~-- Donations: https://www.patreon.com/MYTH20 --~~
- [email protected]
-- References --
- Our Plundered Planet, Osborn (1948)
- The New Industrial State, Galbraith (1967)
- Technological Slavery, Kaczynski (2008) - https://archive.org/stream/tk-Technological-Slavery/tk-Technological-Slavery_djvu.txt
- Defending the Master Race: Conservation, Eugenics, and the Legacy of Madison Grant, Spiro (2008)
- Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children From Nature-Deficit Disorder, Louv (2008)
- Strategic Relocation, Skousen (2011)
- Oestrogen in birth control pills has a negative impact on fish, Lund University (2016) - https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/article/oestrogen-in-birth-control-pills-has-a-negative-impact-on-fish
- How a Notorious Racist Inspired America’s National Parks, Conniff (2016) - https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/07/anniversary-national-parks-racist-history-madison-grant/
- Former Facebook exec warns society will collapse into chaos and conflict within 30 years, Lazzardo (2017) - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4761458/Ex-Facebook-exec-says-society-collapse-30-years.html
- Ted Nugent on Vegan!, Joe Rogan Experience (2018) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UvaDo-AevI
- Colonies vs. Intentional Communities – Recapturing the American Dream, Myth of the 20th Century (2019) - https://myth20c.wordpress.com/2019/03/06/colonies-vs-intentional-communities-recapturing-the-american-dream/
- The Five Stages of Collapse, Orlov - https://cluborlov.blogspot.com/p/the-five-stages-of-collapse.html
- Ecosophia - Toward an Ecological Spirituality, John Michael Greer - https://www.ecosophia.net/
- The Limits to Growth, Club of Rome - https://www.clubofrome.org/report/the-limits-to-growth/
- Pentti Linkola: Ideas - http://www.penttilinkola.com/pentti_linkola/ecofascism/
|Category||News & Politics|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 13+|
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
6 days, 1 hour ago
1 week, 6 days ago
2 weeks, 5 days ago
3 weeks, 4 days ago