Megacities on the Move: Plannedopolis - Forum for the Future
Welcome to Planned-opolis: "In a world of fossil fuels and expensive energy, the only solution is tightly planned and controlled urban transport"
This video is not sarcastic; it is not a joke; it is not put forth as a warning of some 1984-like dystopia -- this one of four serious scenarios "exploring how we will live and travel in the cities of 2040", by Forum for the Future, as part of their "megacities on the move" project.
FFTF is "a registered charity and non-profit organisation that works in partnership with business, government and civil society to accelerate the shift toward a sustainable future. It works by catalysing change in key global systems."
FFTF is funded by corporations such as Bank of America, the City of London Corporation, PepsiCo UK, Time Warner, Royal Dutch Shell and Vodafone. Partners and Members include Johnson & Johnson, American Express, Unilever, General Mills, Nestle Research, Sky Corporation, etc.
The Dream of Technocracy - Why Big Oil Conquered The World
Our New Technocratic Lords - Jerry Day
"Here are some of the “lowlights” of the video:
- Food and water is regulated and rationed by a “Global Food Council” which seizes total control over farming. Meat is a rare treat only to be enjoyed on special occasions
- The state decides what your job will be with “designated career announcements,” nobody has the choice to decide their own vocation
- Movement and behavior is controlled by a calorie credit card linked to a smart phone that rations the amount of travel the citizens of planned-opolis, are allowed to make. Private ownership of cars will be banned for non-elitists because, “the state knows they just aren’t practical anymore.”
- “It makes so much sense doesn’t it,” insists the smiley faced slave “Vee,” who enjoys the fact that she can “switch off brain and go to work,” adding, “With this many people around I’m glad there’s a mega-computer in charge.”
- Those who resist and still cling to some semblance of freedom in defiance of the state and the super-computers running the slave grid, there’s the “cry freedom ghetto,” prison camps for malcontents who are blocked from getting jobs, accessing high speed transport or the Internet
Other scenarios conceived by Forum for the Future are slightly different but they all have common threads: drastic reduction of rights, privileges and freedoms; constant reference to “an elite” having exclusive rights on cars and other luxuries; state controlling all aspects of life."
Air Date: December 2nd, 2010
--- This is a Mirror of Forum for the Future's video on Youtube ---
Original Upload: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7rCAYkoMT0
View other megacities on the move scenarios, download our toolkit and find out more about sustainable urban mobility at:
|Category||Science & Technology|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
4 months, 1 week ago
1 month, 1 week ago
1 month, 1 week ago
This is a randomly selected affiliate advertisement.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute. Without the support of the community this platform will cease to exist.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on their Settings page.
To help support BitChute in other ways or to find out more about our monetization policy: