mTOR and Autophagy- Interview with James Clement
• Supercentenarians are the rare individuals who have made it to the age of 110 and beyond. At any given time, there are only 50 to 80 supercentenarians in the entire world. In the U.S., an estimated 120,000 people make it to 100, but only 20 of them make it to 110
• What sets them apart is that, up until the ages of 105 to 108, they’ve maintained the health of someone in their 70s and 80s. They have no age-related diseases, and typically die from sudden onset immune failure
• In many respects, supercentenarians age normally, while the rest of us age at an accelerated rate. The basis of the book, “The Switch: Ignite Your Metabolism With Intermittent Fasting, Protein Cycling, and Keto,” is essentially how to normalize your aging rate, thus allowing you to optimize your life span
• Cyclically activating and deactivating the mTOR pathway to intermittently trigger autophagy is a key element that will increase your longevity. Time-restricted eating and other fasting regimens accomplish this. Fasted exercise can further boost results
• NAD+ is one of the most important longevity molecules that we know of. NAD+ is a coenzyme needed by longevity-related enzymes called sirtuins. It’s also required for DNA repair, but levels plummet with age, necessitating ways to boost NAD+ levels. Strategies include time-restricted eating, fasted exercise and supplementation
Subscribe for the latest health news: http://bit.ly/2CEBM8j
Visit our website: http://bit.ly/2KhnpuS
Listen to our podcasts: http://bit.ly/34XeLcW
Find us on Social Media
|Category||Health & Medical|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
3 days, 16 hours ago
4 days, 16 hours ago
2 weeks, 3 days ago
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
This advertisement has been selected by the BitChute platform.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute. Without the support of the community this platform will cease to exist.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on their Settings page.
To help support BitChute, place an advert on BitChute or find out more about our creator monetization policy: