We also accept moderation reports via email. Please see the Content Moderation Policy for instructions on how to make a moderation request via email.
Thank you for submitting your moderation report
We will investigate and take the appropriate action.
The World for Sale - Commodity Trading in Uncertain Times (Myth20c - Ep247)
The exchange of goods and services has existed since the earliest forms of civilization, from simple barter arrangements at the local town square to Phoenician traders navigating the Mediterranean with goods from Europe and North Africa. Today, however, the scope of exchange is truly massive, with online commerce coming to dominate nearly all segments of retail, and the scale encompassing transoceanic trade routes totaling 11 billion tons in maritime cargoes in 2021. Underpinning all this lies an extremely complex web of producers, shippers, pipelines, warehouses, and commodities traders that include the massive concerns such as Koch Industries in energy and Glencore in metals, with over 100,000 employees each. Billions of dollars have been made and lost in commodities futures, and as volatility continues to disrupt prices of everyday items from gasoline to grain, the trend of ever tighter global trade integration seen since the end of the Cold War may start to unravel as regional blocks choose to have closer and more reliable supply chains.
-- Brought to you by --
Adam Smith, Hans Lander and Nick Mason
New: Hard Copies of Exit Strategy now Available! http://www.lulu.com/shop/adam-smith/exit-strategy/paperback/product-24191334.html
~~-- Donations --~~
- [email protected]
-- References --
- I, Pencil, Friedman (1980) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tHtpac5ws
- Trading Places, Landis (1983)
- Commodity Market Integration, 1500-2000, Findlay (2001) - https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w8579/w8579.pdf
- The Smartest Guys in the Room, McLean (2003)
- Quantum of Solace, Forster (2008)
- The Futures: The Rise of the Speculator and the Origins of the World's Biggest Markets, Lambert (2012)
- Swiss commodity traders under scrutiny at UNCTAD forum, UCTAD (2015) - https://unctad.org/news/swiss-commodity-traders-under-scrutiny-unctad-forum
- Hugo Chavez Ruined Venezuela, Papadopoulos (2019) - https://www.realclearhistory.com/2019/02/04/hugo_chavez_ruined_venezuela_10107.html
- What is a Commodity Super Cycle?, LePan (2019) - https://www.visualcapitalist.com/what-is-a-commodity-super-cycle/
- The World for Sale, Blas and Farchy (2021)
- Soviet Cybernetics - Red Plenty, Myth of the 20th Century (2021) - https://myth20c.wordpress.com/2021/12/09/soviet-cybernetics-red-plenty/
- Cadillac Desert - The American West and Its Disappearing Water, Myth of the 20th Century (2022) - https://myth20c.wordpress.com/2022/08/30/cadillac-desert-the-american-west-and-its-disappearing-water/
- Zeihan - After Dark - the Collapse of Globalization, Myth of the 20th Century (2022) - https://myth20c.wordpress.com/2022/10/31/zeihan-after-dark-the-collapse-of-globalization/
- Price War$, Russell (2022)
- World Top Commodities Trading Companies List by Market Cap as on Jan 7th, 2022 - https://www.value.today/world-top-companies/commodities-trading
- Trends and geography of world seaborne trade in 2021 - https://hbs.unctad.org/world-seaborne-trade/
- Visualizing Copper’s Global Supply Chain - https://www.visualcapitalist.com/sp/coppers-supply-chain/
|Category||News & Politics|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
BANKING CRISIS - After Dark (Myth20c - Ep250)
3 days, 18 hours ago
2022 Year in Review (Myth20c - Ep248)
2 months ago
Zeihan - After Dark - the Collapse of Globalization (Myth20c - Ep245)
4 months, 3 weeks ago
Unfriendly Fire - a History of False Flags (Myth20c - Ep244)
5 months, 4 weeks ago
5 months, 4 weeks ago
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
This advertisement has been selected by the videos creator, myth20c.
This advertisement has been selected by the BitChute platform.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute.
It is free for anyone to opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on the Settings page.
To help support BitChute or find out more about our creator monetization policy: