Finally. Took all weekend.
Need to work on the nut just a bit then setup will be done.
Ill post a sound demo then
Update 7/26/2018: There has been an incident with CA glue. and wont be able to even have the Guitar ready to shoot a Demo Vid. So maybe next weekend.
So glad color is done.
Retrospect I should have sanded down to wood and started over. That acrylic lacquer really dissolved everything.(Filler-sealer-Printer-Paint), but I felt the metallic flakes would have covered any grain issues.
Love for a paint expert to chime in and call me an idiot and explain what happened.
Could have been better. Next guitar will be PERFECT. I promise :)
Posting this video to show what happens if your spray pain reacts bad with what is underneath.
The white and pearl I did the whole body, says that its paint AND primer. But the red Duplicolor I initially use is a Acrylic lacquer and broke down not only the printer but the sanding sealer (and grain filer, maybe).
Anyway I'm a totally layman on this kind of thing.
I did finally get a red color finished on the next Vid. Ill try to get that out tonight as well.
Made an executive decision on the neck I was going to use.
it had this ugly orange finish I didn't like, decided to go with the proper looking headstock shape. and in general wanted nicer neck.
So this vid me stripping it down the original and using it as a guinea pig for everything ill be going to the new neck, and will just do them both in tandem.
Next vid will be staining them both.