Beware Mr Baker (The 33rd Revolution Ep. 24)
Afterthoughts---- I'm coming pretty late to this party. The week after Ginger Bakers death I thought about making this for a brief moment. Then I realizes that I just didn't feel like doing a mix at all. Another week passed and I was listening to Herbie Hancock's Headhunters album and thought that it would work on a Ginger Baker mix. Some other album gave me that idea too, can't remember it atm. Neither made it on this mix, lol. But they did inspire me to sit down and make this. "And proud of them we all are".
Back to the music. So Herbie Hancock didn't make the cut, mostly because this mix didn't go in the jazz/funk direction that I thought it would when it started. I blame Pink Floyd for that. I think it was the Great Gig In The Sky part that I wanted after Ariwo. But I felt that I couldn't break the set and just have that on it's own. I didn't necessarily want to make this about drumming, but there is some good drumming on here. Would of been nice to squeeze some Tool into this but I didn't. I didn't really even try, it was just a passing thought that never happened. I have lots of those. Makes me want the new Tool album when it comes to vinyl. It better anyways, I want to hear it and am just waiting to get it on vinyl to listen to the entire album. I've only heard parts of 2 songs. I'm just weird and want to listen to it in a certain setting. I feel it adds to the experience.
Could go on for awhile longer but I won't. This is a long mix. There are a lot of whole siders on this one. Feels good to play really long songs. Kind of what I would play if I had my own radio station. But my tastes can be very off putting. Hope you enjoy this, repeatedly maybe even, before a song gets blocked and I don't fix it for months. It will happen.
==If You Would Like To Support The Channel==
Donations/Tips via Paypal= https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/the33rdrevolution1
Podbean Podcast= https://the33rdrevolution.podbean.com
Also on Google Play= https://podcasts.google.com/search/The%2033rd%20Revolutions%20Podcast
Track listing: (song/artist/album/time)
1) Ye Ye De Smell (live)-Fela Kuti And The Africa '70 (Fela Kuti And The Africa '70 with Ginger Baker Live) 00:00
2) Toady-Ginger Baker's Air Force (Ginger Baker's Air Force 2) 13:03
3) Ariwo-Ginger Baker (Stratavarious) 21:19
4) Time/Great Gig In The Sky-Pink Floyd (Dark Side Of The Moon) 32:23
5) Bottoms Up-Peter Green (End Of The Game) 43:53
6) In My Time Of Dying-Led Zeppelin (Physical Graffiti) 52:39
7) Deserted Cities Of The Heart (live)-Cream (Live Cream Vol. 2) 1:03:43
8) Jack The Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots-Black Sabbath (Paranoid) 1:08:15
9) Transmaniacon MC-Blue Oyster Cult (Blue Oyster Cult) 1:14:27
10) The Watcher (live)-Motorhead (What's Words Worth) 1:17:47
11) Space Truckin' (live)-Deep Purple (Made In Japan) 1:21:55
12) In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (live)-Iron Butterfly (Iron Butterfly Live) 1:41:42
13) When The Music's Over (live)- The Doors (Resurrection) bootleg taken from an Irish T.V. show (The Doors Are Open) Recorded at The London Roundhouse 7th or 8th of Sep. 1968 (This is a different show then The Lizard King Plays London) 2:00:27
14) Baroque #1-Ultimate Spinach (Ultimate Spinach) 2:12:38
15) Do What You Like/Doin' It (live)-Ginger Baker's Air Force (Ginger Baker's Air Force) 2:17:24
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
1 year, 9 months ago
6 months, 1 week ago
6 months, 2 weeks ago
6 months, 3 weeks ago
6 months, 4 weeks ago
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
This advertisement has been selected by the BitChute platform.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute. Without the support of the community this platform will cease to exist.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on their Settings page.
To help support BitChute or find out more about our creator monetization policy: