How internet porn affects the brain (Gary Wilson)
BodyWisdomVideos, May 7, 2015
Anatomy & physiology teacher, and author of "Your Brain on Porn: Internet Pornography and the Emerging Science of Addiction", explains the evolutionary forces behind porn's appeal, how the brain changes in response to supernormal stimulation, and what makes today's Internet porn different from static porn of the past. For more info, visit "Your Brain On Porn"- https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/
For studies supporting this presentation see the following pages:
1) Main page with multiple links supporting everything: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/videos/your-brain-on-porn-how-internet-porn-affects-the-brain-2015/
2) Porn and sexual problems? This list contains over 30 studies linking porn use/porn addiction to sexual problems and lower arousal to sexual stimuli. The first 6 studies in the list demonstrate causation, as participants eliminated porn use and healed chronic sexual dysfunctions. https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/studies-linking-porn-use-or-porn-sex-addiction-to-sexual-dysfunctions-lower-arousal-and-lower-sexual-relationship-satisfaction/
3) Porn/sex addiction? This page lists 43 neuroscience-based studies (MRI, fMRI, EEG, neuropsychological, hormonal). They provide strong support for the addiction model as their findings mirror the neurological findings reported in substance addiction studies. https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/brain-studies-on-porn-users-sex-addicts/#brain
4) The real experts’ opinions on porn/sex addiction? This list contains 22 recent literature reviews & commentaries by some of the top neuroscientists in the world. All support the addiction model. https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/brain-studies-on-porn-users-sex-addicts/
5) Signs of addiction and escalation to more extreme material? Over 35 studies reporting findings consistent with escalation of porn use (tolerance), habituation to porn, and even withdrawal symptoms (all signs and symptoms associated with addiction). https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/studies-find-escalation-and-habituation-in-porn-users-tolerance/
6) An official diagnosis? The world’s most widely used medical diagnostic manual, The International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11), contains a new diagnosis suitable for porn addiction: “Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorder.” https://icd.who.int/browse11/l-m/en#/http%3a%2f%2fid.who.int%2ficd%2fentity%2f1630268048
7) Porn’s effects on relationships? Over 70 studies link porn use to less sexual and relationship satisfaction. As far as we know all studies involving males have reported more porn use linked to poorer sexual or relationship satisfaction. https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/studies-linking-porn-use-or-porn-sex-addiction-to-sexual-dysfunctions-lower-arousal-and-lower-sexual-relationship-satisfaction/#less
8) Porn use affecting emotional and mental health? Over 65 studies link porn use to poorer mental-emotional health & poorer cognitive outcomes. https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/studies-linking-porn-use-to-poorer-mental-emotional-health-poorer-cognitive-outcomes/
9) More extensive list of studies on porn users and sex addicts: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/
10) More extensive list of studies on adolescents and porn use: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/pornography-and-adolescents-studies/
11) Over 25 studies link porn use to "un-egalitarian attitudes" toward women: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/relevant-research-and-articles-about-the-studies/porn-use-sex-addiction-studies/studies-linking-porn-use-to-un-egalitarian-attitudes-toward-women/
1) In addition to the studies above, this page contains articles and videos by over 130 experts (urology professors, urologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, sexologists, MDs) who acknowledge and have successfully treated porn-induced ED and porn-induced loss of sexual desire: https://www.yourbrainonporn.com/porn-induced-sexual-dysfunctions/experts-who-recognize-por
2) Links to pages with over 4,500 documented self-reports reports of young men healing chronic ED, DE and low libido by quitting porn:
|Category||Health & Medical|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
Warning - This video exceeds your sensitivity preference!
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
2 weeks, 3 days ago
3 weeks, 2 days ago
This advertisement has been selected by the BitChute platform.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute. Without the support of the community this platform will cease to exist.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on their Settings page.
To help support BitChute, place an advert on BitChute or find out more about our creator monetization policy: