An error has occurred whilst processing your request!
If the issue persists, then please contact us at [email protected].
As a matter of fact,
- CETA will result in an increase in poor-welfare animal products entering the EU market.
- C E T A removes taxes and other barriers to trade on animal products entering the EU from Canada, likely to result in a steep increase of animal product imports to Europe.
- The duty free quotas are therefore so generous to be effectively unlimited, in practice, with the risk of flooding the already saturated European market where meat consumption is in decline.
- Canadian animal welfare standards are poorer than those in Europe.
- Comprehensive Economic Trade Agreement does not require EU imports of Canadian animal products to comply with European standards. CETA’s wording on animal welfare is extremely weak, requiring only cooperation. Therefore, CETA does nothing to stop low-welfare Canadian animal products from entering the EU market.
- CETA will also harm the competitiveness of EU/FR farmers. Farmers are obliged to comply with European animal welfare standards(?). CETA places these farmers in direct competition with cheaper, poorly-regulated Canadian produce. Trade restrictions, removed by CETA, could have counteracted this.
- European consumers become exposed to sub-standard products because of CETA. CETA lacks labeling and traceability requirements, which would allow consumers to determine the welfare standards animal products comply with. Therefore, CETA denies concerned European consumers the right to make informed choices about animal products they purchase.
- CETA will be provisionally applied once the Council provides its final approval of the deal. All EU member states must ratify the deal before it can be applied in its entirety. This may take some time, depending on national ratification procedures.
on Jul 23, 2019, 266 FRENCH MPs BASTARDS DID SAY YES! to CETA. ONLY 213 PMs Voted against (coming list)
|Category||News & Politics|
|Sensitivity||Normal - Content that is suitable for ages 16 and over|
5 days, 22 hours ago
1 week, 3 days ago
To dismiss this warning and continue to watch the video please click on the button below.
Note - Autoplay has been disabled for this video.
This advertisement has been selected by the BitChute platform.
By purchasing and/or using the linked product you are helping to cover the costs of running BitChute. Without the support of the community this platform will cease to exist.
Registered users can opt-out of receiving advertising via the Interface tab on their Settings page.
To help support BitChute, place an advert on BitChute or find out more about our creator monetization policy: