**PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS**
2lbs stewing beef, cut into bite sized cubes
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 orange or yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite sized cubes (about 8 total cubes per potato)
Olive oil (or any other desired oil)
3 tbsp Garlic Plus seasoning (Available at Costco)
1 1/2 tbsp Cool Runnings Caribbean Spice
1-2 tbsp Browning sauce
1 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
2 tsp Jamaican-style curry powder
1 tsp hot chili powder
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 cup Maggi or soya sauce
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp dried Thyme (or 3 sprigs if using fresh Thyme)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp scotch bonnet pepper sauce
1. Put beef cubes in mixing bowl with warm water and soak for 15 minutes. Then kneed the beef to extract blood and drain. Leave beef in the bowl.
2. Add 1/2 a centimeter of oil to medium pot and heat on medium heat.
3. Add Garlic Plus, Caribbean spice, browning sauce, pepper, Jamaican curry powder, hot chili powder, Paprika, Maggi/soya sauce and garlic paste to the beef cubes. Mix with clean hands (or spoon) until well mixed and beef is coated.
4. Add seasoned beef to pot of heated oil and cook on medium-high heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. KEEP ANY JUICES FROM BEEF LEFTOVER IN THE MIXING BOWL!
5. While beef is cooking, add all vegetables (potatoes, onion and peppers) to the mixing bowl and mix to coat with leftover beef seasoning sauce.
6. After beef has been cooking for 15 minutes, carefully empty juices from the pot into the mixing bowl with the veggies, leaving the beef in the pot. Mix the veggies and coat with the added juices and keep aside to marinade.
7. With beef still in the pot, add water up to about 1 inch from the top of the pot. Add Thyme and stir. Cover pot with lid and boil for 1 hour. Check about every 10 minutes and stir to avoid sticking.
**PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS**
2 tbsp olive oil.
500g minced lean lamb.
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1 large onion, finely grated.
1 large carrot, finely grated.
2 cloves garlic, finely grated.
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
1 tbsp tomato puree.
250ml red wine.
Handful of thyme sprigs, leaves picked.
1 sprig of rosemary, needles chopped.
300ml chicken stock.
1kg Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
2 egg yolks.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan until hot. Season the mince and fry in the oil over moderate to high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir the onions and carrot into the mince then grate the garlic in as well. Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and herbs and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the red wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated. Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
3. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender. Drain then return to the hot pan over low heat to dry out briefly. Pass them through a potato ricer then beat in the egg yolks, followed by about 2 tbsp grated Parmesan. Check for seasoning.
4. Spoon the mince into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish. Using a large spoon, layer the mashed potato generously on top of the mince, starting from the outside and working your way into the middle. Grate some extra Parmesan over and season. Fluff up the mash potato with a fork to make rough peaks. Bake in the oven for approximately 18-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
**People Eating Tasty Animals**
CHICKEN PENNE ALFREDO
2 lbs Chicken Breast
3/4 lbs Penne pasta (or whatever kind you want)
1 lb white mushrooms thickly sliced
1 small onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
3 1/2 cups half and half
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
1 tsp salt, plus more for pasta water
1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
3 Tbsp olive oil divided
1 Tbsp butter
1. Cook Penne according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, slice chicken into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium/high heat and cook chicken until lightly golden and cooked through (5 min). Remove chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
3. In the same pan over medium/high, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp of butter. Add onion and cook 3 min until soft. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft (5-7 min), stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
4. Add half-n-half and simmer over medium/high heat 8-10 min, or until beginning to thicken. Add chicken back to the pan, add 1/4 cup parsley and season sauce to taste (1/2 to 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper).
5. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Heat another minute until warmed through then turn off the heat, cover and let rest 10-15 minutes then stir and serve garnished with parsley.